Air Gestures Recognition SDK
for iOS and Android
What is it?
- A gesture recognition library,
- Using the front camera,
- For iOS and Android,
- Detects 4 swipe gestures, 1 hand-wave,
- It's fast, lightweight and efficient,
- Great in low light and with complex background,
- Easy to use, just a few lines of code.
A selection of the Nanogest-enabled applications available on the iOS and Android app stores:
- Schweizer Fleisch Academy, an
- Uses Nanogest gestures to move through recipe steps without getting the screen dirty while cooking.
- Popular cooking app with over 100,000 installs, and growing at a rate of 10,000+ new installs a month.
- Google Play 4.25 stars over 300+ reviews.
- Apple App Store 4.5 stars over 100+ reviews.
- ICA Handla, an iOS shopping companion app for ICA, a leading retailer in Northern Europe.
- Electrolux Profi Steam, a recipe application (iOS and Android).
- Electrolux AEG Steam Cooking, a recipe application (iOS and Android).
- Mumo Play, a touch-free music player for iPhone.
- MAUZ, a cellphone accessory.
- Foodsteps a recipe application and publishing platform for iOS.
Download Wave-o-rama for iOS from the App Store.
Wave-o-rama is a photo album app for iPad and iPhone, in the iOS App Store.
The full API documentation for Nanogest is available online for iOS and Android.
- Swipe gestures: left, right, up, down
- Extra hand-wave gesture
- Detection range: 2in - 3ft
- Most environments (from a dark kitchen to the inside a moving car)
- Robust background filtering
- Not sensitive to skin tones
- Uses only 25% of total CPU for both camera processing and gesture detection (as measured on an iPad 3. On more recent devices, the CPU load is practically negligible)
- Library is a 60 kB binary on iOS/armv7 and needs 1.5 MB of RAM
- All iOS devices with a front camera, running on all versions since iOS 4 (iPhone since iPhone 4, iPad and iPad mini since iPad 2, iPod Touch since 4th generation)
- All Android devices with a front camera, running on all versions since 2.3.3
- Support for other platforms (e.g. Windows) and custom embedded systems is available, please contact us
Please contact us for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic research license
If you are a researcher or a student in an academic institution, we can give you access to the Nanogest SDK under a non-commercial research license, at no cost. Please contact us for details: email@example.com.
Nanogest for Android OEMs
Nanogest for Android is a product for OEMs to add support for gesture controls directly in the Android operating system. Nanogest for Android adds touch-free gestures to the following system applications:
- Phone: answer and reject calls with gestures.
- Alarm clock: snooze the alarm without touching the phone.
- Gallery: navigate through the pictures with swipes.
- Browser: scroll the page up and down with gestures.
- Music: control the music hands-free.
Gesture controls are configurable by the user in the Settings menu.
We support all smartphones with a front-facing camera, 1 GHz CPU (arm, mips, x86), 5MB of free RAM, and Android 4.0+.
Please contact us for more informations firstname.lastname@example.org.